Friday, March 10, 2006

The Solitude

The first time i ever heard this word "Solitude" was in my VIth standard english class, when my teacher Mr. G. Soman Pillai (GSP sir, as we affectionately call him in Sainik Schook kazhakootam, Trivandrum) was reciting William Wordsworth's "Solitary Reaper". I can still hear his words whenever i think of him. I didnot at that point of time realise the significance of that word in my life, though it became a hi-freq word in my vocabulary.

Today, i realise it.

Though I has been experiencing this divine phenomenon right from my childhood (my sainik shool days), the realisation has been quite in the recent past,,, only in the last two years, i have felt it much (After my brother got admission in NIT warangal and had to stay away from me in hostel) . The presence of people around me has never been able to provide company to my soul, except on a few genuine occasions with my few genuine friends.

Initially, i found it very difficult to handle. i either used to keep myelf out of my home or get engaged with some stuff on TV. i never dared to stand face to face against my solitude, which is nothing but my own self.

The same is the case today,, but today i have realised that my solitude is my strength. its the best company i've got. I have realised how important i am to myself and it is needless for me to search a better company than myself. I have been able to draw the energy and inspiration from myself to keep my wheels on the run.

The solitude i am in today,has given the oppurtunity and time to explore my resourses and use them effectively for my betterment. It has given me an oppurtunity to serve my soul, which shelters my true master. My solitude has given excellent lectures to me on what i am here for. I realise a purpose for everything that happens around me. I realise my life as a journey in search of the purpose of my life. Once, i reach its doorstep i shall exist no longer. The same is the case for anything in this universe, live or lifeless. Every thing in this universe comes into existence with the total energy required in its lifetime. The source of that energy is always within itself.

Solitude can give the required oppurtunities to generate great powers from the highly calorific fuel that our soul stores. One will always be able to enlighten his mind and body from the energy within. This can give the momentum to keep driving at great pace.

I have begun to realise its importance and so i give due respect.

One word of caution. The energy that we generate may be negative, if we fail to maintain a minimum standard of self-discipline. That is the key between choosing a right path and a wrong one.

No comments: