Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Being a bachelor

I have always wondered on the change that brings about in a man's life. There is always a big debate on this issue,, There have always been quotes that potray marriage as a day that u get prisoned,, may be,, loss of freedom - for a man thats goin to be tough,

But being a bachelor is equally difficult,, that too when u want to live a disciplined life,, with gr8 values,, then u are destined to suffer. I have touched upon this subject as i have been victim to a suffering on grounds of being a bachelor,,, that too last week in a city like hyderabad,, where i have been posted recently.

i was tough time on home-hunt for me last two weekends. Preferring to stay in solitude, to keep myself at a safer and less-corrosive environment from my friendly collegues, i begun my hunt,, facing a considerable opposition from my dear mates (As our 7-month 24x7 training had created a bonding which i think is likely a Van-der vaal's covalent bond, though it had strong attraction as ionic. )

I started my hunt on a saturday morning,, i have covered the entire santosh nagar nad maruthi nagar area by foot.. you can find a TOLET board every 50 feet u walk,, so many,, but to my luck, i must say,, there were not many who wud permit a bachelor step in,, Many a door slammed on my face,, the moment i get a response for my calling on bell.,,, some ppl even sport a look or rather scorn when they hear i m single,,, hell,, i pocess and hang my identity card around my collar,, like a cur whose collar bears the tag of the lord,, no respect at all,,

It wud be unfair on my part if i fail to recognise those humble & gentle men and women whose doors were open for me to roam around their pretty little apartment, (most of which i liked). we also discussed on rental issues,, but their memory had been too weak till the moment of my departure.. Just as i begin to leave with a sigh of satisfaction, their brain sparks and the last and important question : ARE U MARRIED? ,,, oh sorry sir,, this home is only for family people and this flat has only families living..

What kind of justice is this? Dont i have a family at home? were nt these damn fellows bachelors at some point in their life? Are all bachelors drunkards and smokers? Cant a bachelor lead a life with strong values and discipline?When is the attitude of people goin to change?

I wish to tell all these ppl,,,

Bachelor life is also a Tapas, a sainthood. A state of mind and soul where u draw energy from ur own self. A frame of mind that generates the force to drive itself at great pace. It is the period in a man's life that can take him scaling great peaks and can also throw him into the deepest wells. The laying of the foundation for a greater future for oneself, for the entire society,, and for a good tomorrow for everyone.

I request u once again.,, the senior generation need not offer words of encouragement but please donot degrade youth and offend them.

The same is applicable for eligible spinsters also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man , loved the last part ,,